Transportation Instructions to the Esperanto-USA Congress in Raleigh, North Carolina
Congress Venue: William Peace University, 15 East Peace Street, Raleigh, NC 27604
Emergency Contact Number (If you need help once you get to Raleigh): Chuck Mays 919 744 8003 (English/Esperanto)
If you need help planning your trip or if you have special transportation needs, please email Chris Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are four ways to reach Raleigh and the congress location:
- By air to the Raleigh-Durham Airport (RDU)
- By Amtrak Train
- By Greyhound Bus
- By car
Information for those traveling by air:
Raleigh has two terminals and is serviced by the following airlines:
RDU Terminal 1
RDU Terminal 2
Alaska, Allegiant, Air Canada, American Airlines, American Eagle, Delta Air Lines, Frontier, JetBlue Airways, United Airlines
There are two ways to get from the airport to William Peace University.
- By Taxi. The taxi ride will be about 30 minutes and will cost $40 to $45 dollars with tip. For reliable taxi service, both to and from the airport, you can pre-book with Mr. Tes Akuma Tel: (919) 345 0783. Mention Chuck Mays.
- Both Uber and Lyft are available in Raleigh and at RDU. When you are ready for a ride, request it on your app.
- By bus using Triangle Transit. The cost is $2. Visit gotriangle.org to plan your trip and to confirm departure and arrival times.
A. Arriving: Catch the bus 100 at the RDU International Airport Terminal 1 or 2 and exit at the Moore Square Transit Terminal. Take the free R-Line to William Peace University or take a taxi.
B. Leaving: Use the free R-Line to the Moore Square Transit Terminal. From the Moore Square Transit Terminal take bus 100 to RDU. The duration will be about 60 minutes.
C. R-line bus. http://www.godowntownraleigh.com/get-around/r-line
Note: The Triangle Transit bus to and from the airport does not operate on Sundays.
Information for those traveling by Amtrak Train
The address for the Amtrak station in Raleigh is:
320 West Cabarrus Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
Plan your trip using the Amtrak trip website:http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=am/am2Station/Station_Page&code=RGH
The station designation for Raleigh is RGH.
There are two ways to get from the Amtrak station to the venue in Raleigh.
- By Taxi.
- Use the free R-line bus: http://www.godowntownraleigh.com/get-around/r-line . You will need to walk east on West Cabarrus Street for about 5 minutes to the R-line bus stop.
Information for those traveling by Greyhound bus
The address for the Greyhound bus station is:
2210 Capital Boulevard
Raleigh, NC 27604
Plan your trip using the Greyhound website: http://www.greyhound.com/
There are two ways to get from the Greyhound station to William Peace University.
- By Taxi. The taxi ride will be about 10 minutes and will cost about $15 dollars with tip.
- By city bus. The cost is $1.25. Walk south about 4 minutes on Capital Blvd to Crabtree Blvd and (carefully) cross to bus stop ID 8048. Take Bus 1 for about 11 minutes and exit the bus at N. Blount Street and E. Franklin St. Walk south on N. Blount Street for 3 minutes to Peace Street. Enter the William Peace campus at Peace Street. Registration is a two-minute walk to the west in the Finley Residence Hall. Visit https://www.raleighnc.gov/transit for details on the bus route and transit times.
Information for those traveling by Car
Use your GPS or an Internet map program on your mobile phone to plan your trip. The congress venue address is: 15 East Peace Street, Raleigh, NC 27604.
To reach Raleigh from the north or south along the East Coast the best route is I-95 to I-40 west. From the West use I-40 and from the South East use I-85 and I-40. Other routes may be better depending on where you start your journey.